Homemade dog ice cream! 🍦
The summer is finally here and the time has come to treat your furry friend with homemade ice cream! What's better than cooling your friend with a popsicle in the heat? ☀️
Dog popsicles with petgood
Dogs should not eat ice cream or popsicles with too much sugar or lactose, but there are ways to eat appropriate popsicles made for them anyways! Popsicles are a good way for the dog to cool off during the summer and a fun enrichment. Here is a recipe for nutritious, cooling, and tasty dog popsicles!
Recipe for dog ice cream:
What you need:
- Popsicle molds
- Petgood dental sticks
- Petgood dog food
- Other goodies (for example peas, apple pieces or grated carrot)
- Fill the popsicle molds with water and petgood complete food (for puppies or adult dogs). If you want it more dissolved in the water, you can soak the kibbles a bit before.
- If you want, you can also add extra fruit and vegetables to the molds, whatever your dog loves! 🍅🥬🍉🌽
- Stick a dental stick in the mix to use as a "handle".
- Put it in the freezer over night.
- Ready to serve on a hot summer day!
As it is a popsicle, the dog needs to lick it, which allows for a soothing experience for your dog. In addition, the dog gets extra fluids. A popsicle is perfect during long car trips to soothe a dog that is a little stressed, or just bored. Or bring it to the beach or the hiking trip!
The popsicle can be given to adult dogs as well as puppies (just adjust the food you use).